Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Michigan Vacation

So now that I've written about all of my car drama I can get to the good stuff. I had a wonderful week in Michigan. It was a great long vacation from work and it was awesome to get to see so many family and friends. I got in late Saturday and visited with my family and my dog (who peed all over when he saw me, he was super excited!). Sunday I woke up early and had breakfast with Tiffany and Steve and their friend Scott at Big Boy. I'm so glad I got to see Tiff, it had been about a year since I last saw her. It was a short visit, but nice that we got to run into each other. I got to see both sides of my family on Sunday as well, so it was a long day, but I don't know when I'll be back home again, so I had to fit everything in.
The rest of the time in Algonac I spent relaxing, playing with my dog, and walking along the boardwalk. I also made some time to visit with some friends from high school. I got to see my friend Jenny, her new house, and her new baby Harmony, she's so cute! I also saw my friend Laura, who just bought a fixer-upper house on 9 mile, in D-town. It's so crazy to see all of my friends with houses and stuff. I still feel so young!
I had a crazy surprise while I was home as well. I found my laptop that I had at school; the one that broke a year and a half ago. I was going to sell it for parts on e-bay. I took one last look at it, opened it up and poked around, and tried to turn it on just for the heck of it. It turned on! It was like it never broke, it still had my same background and all of my files on it! It was so crazy. So I took it with me when I left. Unfortunately it quit working a few days later, so now it's my little project to try to figure out whats the deal with it.
For the next half of our Michigan trip, Dave and I headed to Midland. We visited with his family and their golden retriever Sandy (who I was extremely allergic to!). It was a nice relaxing time. We went shopping and I found "short" jeans, which are always hard to find for some reason, so I bought four pair, because they actually fit! And I bought the first season of Bewitched, which is like my favorite show ever :)
Originally I was planning on going out on St. Patrick's Day, but the thought of a long night out and then a 13 hour drive, just didn't sound like fun. But I did get to catch up with some Alph Gams on Friday so that was fun. We went to Sonya and Ben's house (it was really nice), and it turned out that they lived 3 houses down from where Dave grew up....small world. Christine came over too and we had a nice time catching up and eating (my fav Alph Gam activity) and drinking.
Overall, I had a great time in Michigan. It was great to see everyone that I did, and sad that I couldn't fit more in, in the short time that I had. I can't wait to come back again sometime!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah for updating! :) It sounds like (besides the whole car thing) your trip was good! You deserved it! I thought the part about Dave 'throwing out' his back was hysterical...something Josh might do!

When are you going to update next? Oh, how about now? :) Haha.