Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I made friends...yay!

So I have some random stories to tell, but the bottom line, is I had some interesting social interaction this weekend. I got home from work Friday and my apartment complex was having a Luau (am I the only one who thinks this is weird?) There was this 60-year old DJ playing classic rock/britney spears, and all other crazy stuff. It was out by the pool and was decorated with Tiki torches and stuff. I thought LAME! There were screaming kids and their 3 different baby's mommas running around after em. I was like "no way am I going" I don't care if I don't meet anyone.....Then, by some stroke of magic I saw em there glistening in the sunlight....thats right, two nice cold kegs of BUD LIGHT! They were screaming my name after a long week of work. So I bit the bullet and wandered outside. I was going to just grab some free food and beer and run back to my apartment but I wound up finding two people my age and sat down and talked to em. I found out they were my neighbors and lived right above me. Six hours and two empty kegs later, I found out that I don't drink much anymore and am losing my tolerance...lol. Also, I made two more friends :) We went to a bar on Saturday night to watch their friends' band play. Come to find out this bar called "Connections" is really a lesbian bar. I was beginning to wonder where all the guys were at?.....then I figured it out. So Saturday was interesting for sure. Also, one of Cat's friends from Houghton just recently moved out here. I haven't met her yet but she's super nice. We might do something on Thursday. Then, Maria just told me Bradey the Delt Sig lives out here. I was like "no shit!" I swear I saw him last week at work! We both work for UP, and I saw this guy who looked super familiar, but I couldn't put a name with the face. Funny how small the world is, huh. Crazy. Well, anyway I'm excited, I'm having a good week. I discovered the company fitness center yesterday, its sweet! Also, my boy is coming on Thursday!!! Then I'm helping him move to Lincoln, NE, about an hour from here. Yay for things looking up! Ooh, I got a new phone today too, same phone number though :) Life is good...this week!

3 comments:

alanna rose said...

beer tends to bring people together :)
happy to hear you are no longer alone in the world!

Katie said...

It cracked me up that you met friends over a shiney keg glistening by the pool! :)

Danielle Michelle said...

Yeah! Lesbians! LOL