Friday, March 2, 2007

I'm going to try to use this thing again...

So, it's been a while...about 6 months now. I almost forgot about this page. I'm not a big blogger, as you all can see. I've never been good at keeping journals. Anyway, I'm still living in Omaha, Nebraska working for Union Pacific Railroad. I'm actively looking for a new job and am finally sending in all the necessary information to finalize my application for the Peace Corps. I do not like my current situation. I hate Nebraska, I hate my job, and I still have no friends here.
I'm going home next week for the first time since last May. I'm super excited. I'm hoping to see alot of old friends, since it is also MTU Spring Break and alot of girls will be back home. I'll be home (Detroit-area) for 4 days and in Midland for 4 days visiting Dave's family. I'm looking forward to the break from work and am hoping this will get me out of my current depressed state and get me back to my hapy-go-lucky self.
Looking to the future, I'm hoping to move out of Nebraska sometime this year. I don't like it here, there is nothing to do and the economy is not that great. I'm thinking of returning to Michigan (I miss all the trees and water). However, what I'm really hoping for is to finally take the big plunge and do my 2 and a half years in the Peace Corps. The more I work in my little cubicle, the more I think that I want to change my career path. Currently I'm thinking either University Professor of Language and Culture, or Non-Profit/Social Services type of work. I want to Make a Difference and enjoy my life, instead of wasting it away staring at a computer for 50 hours a week.
Hopefully, my upcoming blog entries will not be so dull and I'm hoping to keep them short and sweet. Enjoy! I miss all of you.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Amanda,

I'm glad to see that you're back, but bummed that you are so lonely. Crystal is going through the Peace Core App Process, so at least you have somebody to talk to about it. :) I also hate cube life, and want to start a business or maybe get into real estate (flipping houses) eventually. Anyway, I'm glad you are back! :) Chin up!

-Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! How are things in Nebraska? I hope all is well with you and Dave and your job! I also hate sitting at a desk all day! I am considering going back to school to become a teacher... But, that's just an idea right now. Anyway, I finally joined the blog world, so hopefully we can catch up!

-Rose