Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm still alive

I know I haven't updated this thing in a while so I figured I'd try doing it again. My goal is once a week, gotta aim low right! ;) I'm still living in Omaha working for UP. Wishing I was in the UP at Tech having fun with all the girls. Pretty much I work, workout, eat, and sleep. I don't know how people do it, like have kids and families and all kinds of activities. I feel like I have no time! I'm starting to adjust out here finally. But I definitely don't think Nebraska will be my permanent home. I'm just waiting to get some good experience with my company and see where I can go from there.

Last weekend my company had this big outing where we all went to this like pumpkin patch/amusement park/petting zoo place. It was actually pretty fun. Dave got to go too. The only bad part was that it was like 90 and way humid so we were all dying of dehydration. Then afterwards I went to Daves and watched the BIG Nebraska football game on TV then passed out. Overall, I had a fun weekend. I think I watched a total of four or five football games. Needless to say I got nothing productive done.

I miss all my girl friends. I'm going shopping tomorrow because I seriously need some help in my closet. I'm trying to dress semi-professional at work. Its business casual. Some people wear suits, others wear short skirts with a teeny shirt. I can't seem to find the right mix. I don't want to overdress, but get bored wearing pants and a blouse everyday. Hopefully I can find some fun stuff at the store tomorrow. Any advise would be great! I wish I had someone like Maria here to help a sista out!

I love reading everyones blogs once in a while they're quite entertaining and a great way to stay in touch. I'll try to add some pictures up here when I get a chance too, so you can see what an awesome place Omaha is! (yeah right!)

2 comments:

Maria said...

Remember when Miranda's office incorporated casual fridays on Sex in the city?? I suggest a tight black fishnet shirt and leather pants.. :) That'll make some heads turn. I agree-- work clothes are a pain,,, they're expensive and not very much fun... I'm glad that people in my office aren't allowed wearing short skirts with short shirts though!! that could be frightening.

Anonymous said...

no, you are not still alive or you would have updated your blog/